New version of an old timer arrived
- SuperReport Pro
(in alphabetical order, just in case…)
It’s up to the developers to decide which one they prefer.
I have quite a few customers with (legacy) 4D applications and running SuperReport. They will be happy to just throw in a new version and see it work without (hopefully) any code changes. The new version of AreaList Pro did a good job with this.
SuperReport Pro v3 got all the bells and whistles you might expect from a report editor:
- Version 3 is a full rewrite, fully compatible with the previous API as well as the current Unicode and XML standards, with a new property-based API similar to AreaList Pro v9. It also includes many new features.
- Edit menu Undo is available to a number of actions up to 1024
- A count pages option (SRP_Report_CountPages) has been added, so now you can use “Page 1 of 9” for example
- Native drawing of text, CoreText on Mac and GDI+ on Windows
- Objects have new properties – name, id – which can be used in XML/HTML exports
OMG – wish I had this in 4D itself!
- Scripts now support flow control structures (If, Case of…), and are stored tokenized, thus eliminating problems between various localized 4D versions (e.g. English version will run a French SuperReport Pro document no matter the command names)
- The watermark will be printed on every page, either underneath or on top of all other printing
More to find on www.e-node.net/SRP