Need for speed and large data handling?
PostgreSQL Plugin is a plugin that allows easy connectivity to a PostgreSQL database.
Version 2.5 adds support for 4D Server 64-bit and a few other improvements. See the section version history for detail.
Here is a short list of all the available features:
- Supports PostgreSQL version 8.x, 9.x and higher.
- Open multiple database connections simultaneously.
- Work with multiple row sets.
- Allows forward and backward navigation through row sets.
- Easy construction of SQL statements.
- Support for picture and blob fields.
- Support for stored procedures.
- Asynchronous notifications.
- Asynchronous queries.
- Notices send by the database server.
- SSL support
- Unicode and native image formats support with 4D v11.
- Support for 4D Server 64-bit.
- Includes example code to clone a 4D database to PostgreSQL.
- Available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Fully compatible with 4D v11, 12 and 13.
Licensing & Pricing
PostgreSQL Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 300 per developer (unlimited deployment Mac & Windows)
Updates from previous versions are available for € 200 per license. Users that purchased the plugin after 1 January 2013, are eligible for a free update.
[amazon_image id=”184951030X” link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance[/amazon_image] [amazon_image id=”1849510288″ link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]PostgreSQL 9 Admin Cookbook[/amazon_image] [amazon_image id=”1449326331″ link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]PostgreSQL: Up and Running[/amazon_image]