4D Technical Account Manager
The technical account manager (TAM) is a vital part of 4D¹s business and technical teams and reports to the Director of Sales. The role is a blend of technical consultant and technical sales, with a focus on assisting customers in their successful use, and increased adoption, of 4D products and services.
The TAM will have good interpersonal skills, in order to develop ongoing relationships with key customers and other members of 4D¹s global TAM team. Must have thorough 4D technical knowledge and excellent problem solving skills. The TAM may be asked to take a leadership role in critical customer support situations and to be a trusted advisor to 4D¹s product development team, representing the needs of 4D customers.
A portion of the TAM¹s time will be dedicated to expanding his/her technical knowledge of the latest 4D products in order to be a resource for colleagues and customers. Occasionally, the TAM will be involved with short-term internal development projects, in part to keep practical development skills sharp.
- Work closely with Director of Sales to plan, participate in, and follow-up on technical meetings with key accounts.
- Meet with 4D customers via phone and on-site.
- Provide written reports for each customer meeting.
- -Work closely with the internal technical support team, conducting trainings and assisting with escalated support issues.
- Plan and deliver 4D Summit presentations.
- Write Technical Notes for publication.
- Represent 4D Inc. and US/Canadian customers in feature/roadmap meetings with 4D¹s product development team.
- Active participation on the iNUG, 4D Forums and other technical mailing lists, providing quality responses.
- Participate in internal meetings with TAM peers around the globe, led by Thomas Maul, VP of Strategy, 4D Product Line as executive sponsor of the 4D TAM program.
- Travel is required for this position domestic and possibly international.
4D is located in San Jose, California, next to Santana Row, with its many restaurants, coffee shops and bars making it the best “company cafeteria” in Silicon Valley.
We offer a competitive salary, a convenient San Jose location, and a benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental and vision plans, life, disability coverage, gym membership and a 401K plan + company match.
We cannot wait to have you join our team!
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com