Need an adventurous job – there might be one…
4D is still trying to fill an open vacancy:
The TAM will have good interpersonal skills, in order to develop ongoing relationships with key customers and other members of 4D¹s global TAM team. Must have thorough 4D technical knowledge and excellent problem solving skills. The TAM may be asked to take a leadership role in critical customer support situations and to be a trusted advisor to 4D¹s product development team, representing the needs of 4D customers.
In other words, it’s “Technical Account Manager” 4D is searching for, as before. I like the last part “….representing the needs of 4D customers” – as a developer I feel someone is taking care for me. OTOH, I can’t remember when I was contacted last time – might be my fading memory.
There is more:
- TAM Responsibilities:
– Work closely with Director of Sales to plan, participate in, and
follow-up on technical meetings with key accounts.
– Meet with 4D customers via phone and on-site.
– Provide written reports for each customer meeting.
– Work closely with the internal technical support team, conducting
trainings and assisting with escalated support issues.
– Plan and deliver 4D Summit presentations, including keynotes.
– Plan and conduct roadshow presentations.
– Write Technical Notes for publication.
– Represent 4D Inc. and US/Canadian customers in feature/roadmap
meetings with 4D¹s product development team.
– Active participation on the iNUG, 4D Forums and other technical
mailing lists, providing quality responses.
– Participate in internal meetings with TAM peers around the globe,
led by Thomas Maul, VP of Strategy, 4D Product Line as executive
sponsor of the 4D TAM program.
– Travel is required for this position domestic and
– Working from remote location may be considered.
Looks like a lot of paperwork and “hot potatoes”, as we say here. I like the part “Working from remote location…”, maybe instead of busy Silicon Valley something more rural, like Vichy – not such a bad option at all, and even the coffee is better and no fuss about smoking.
Feeling convinced? Fine! Drop 4D’s HR department a note. You will not regret it.