Lightning enters v3 – more advanced features
Lightning v3 is available now for you to develop robust, mission critical
web applications for both Desktop and Mobile devices based on a 4D back-end
– you continue to code your application logic in 4D without a major learning
curve for a web interface. Much of your existing code, if applicable, will
work just fine with Lightning.
Lightning can be used to develop anything from a light-weight internal web
application through to a commercial grade deliverable, there are no
boundaries, it is a fully fledged proven, secure and reliable product.
Also, the licensing is straightforward, you purchase a single license and it
can be used for any number of projects with multiple developers. Buy once,
use anywhere, without restrictions.
Here are some of the new features;
- New Desktop UI based on jQuery UI
- Enterable List Forms
- Tabs Editor – you can now code the main tabs and create multiple tabs for
the same table publishing unique forms etc.
- Tabbed interfaces for Detail Forms
- New Component Methods
- New Tags
- Enhanced NTK Web Server which can now completely replace 4D Web Server for
- Faster response times/Faster architecture
- Many bug fixes and enhancements since v2