Added analysis for indexed/non-indexed fields
Dani Beaubien has released an update of the Code Analysis component. With this version, he started some of the “under the hood” work for localization. He also added a new tab on the main analysis window, doing a code analysis and report on the indexed/non-indexed fields that are used in queries. It is useful as a tool to take a look to see which indexes might or might not be needed.
The screen shots for the documentation don’t reflect this yet, just a matter of time till they appear.
WHAT IS IT
Code Analysis is easy to use and offers the following features:
- Can perform analysis on “all” stored methods in the structure including project methods, project form/object methods, table form/object methods, database methods and trigger methods.
- Can perform analysis of the code to see which fields are used in a query and report if they are indexed or not
- Gathers stats on line counts, comment line counts, blank line counts, code line counts, and cyclomatic complexity.
- Can export, as disk files, every method in the structure. Can be used for archiving, backups, and source code management.
- Can export, as JSON files, every available form and form object property in the structure. Can be used for archiving, backups, and source code management.
- Can export, as JSON files, every available table and field property in the structure. Can be used for archiving, backups, and source code management.
- Can create HTML documentation of the methods in the structure. The HTML docs can be limited to only those methods that have been marked as shared with host. This gives 4D developers to easily produce documentation for components that they share.
- Can create a docset for the shared methods. Third party Docset viewers are available on many platforms.
Please feel free to drop me a note on suggestions and feature requests. I do plan to do some more tweaks and add new features in the future.
HOW TO GET IT
Get it from the OpenRoad Development web site.
VERSION v1.7 CHANGES
Converted the preferences dialog to use localized strings. Currently only English is supported.
Added a new preference called “Do Not Nest Exported Methods” that, when set, will have the project metods exported in the root of the exported method folder rather than gathering and nesting in module folders. This preference only applies to the text version of the exported methods
Code Analysis Window: Index Usage Analysis
Added a new tab to the main analysis window that provides a GUI to the index scanning that was added in v1.6.