Free update contains bug fixes and new features
This update is free for all hmReports 3 users. It brings some bugfixes and new features (more details, see release notes).
heubach media added a native PDF output (without any additional PDF driver/software) and a new Script editor with a Script Debugger (where you can debug reports in compiled databases).
It is a huge leap in creating reports in 4D, because of the close integration of scripts to manipulate objects and their properties.
hmReports is fully certified with 4D v13 and 4D v14!
Version 3.0 contains these improvements:
* New script editor, script executer and script debugger
* Internal PDF rendering engine for creating PDF’s on Windows (without additional software or printer driver)
* Rendering to HTML
* Use a page of an report as subreport in an other page of the same report
* Subreports can now have variable height
* Dynamic objects in „print as area“ – mode
* Each object has now an “On After” and “On After Render“-Script
* hmReports works now together with the 4D print session command “OPEN PRINTING JOB“
* Endmarks are now available for path and freehand objects
* Support of 4D’s edit menu
* It’s now possible to write directly :xliff: in static text objects
* Each page have now it’s own pagewidth, pageheight and margins
* Support of the native vector EMF format (Windows)
* Tool tips for Buttons
* and much more (see release notes)
Now you can add static pages and/or additional iteration pages to a composed report. Also, you can design documents with more than one page!
With Version 3 you can now inherit other hmReports documents or pages into new documents. For example: You can design one letterhead layout and place it in all your reports. If you want to change anything in the header, you only have to change the header document and not all of your reports!
Now you can display any data as a 1D and 2D Barcode without any special fonts. hmReports 3 supports over 60 different 1D and 2D Barcode types!
With hmReports 3, the user can view the final result of the report without printing. If data fields and other object don’t look good in the preview, you can make changes directly in the preview. All changes are automatically saved back in the source report and the preview will be updated again, if wanted.
Other features of Version 3.0
* Unlimited Undo/Redo support
* 64 bit Plugin (for 4D v13/v14 Server 64 bit on Windows)
* Supported languages of the GUI: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese
* Much better API for guides
* Support of repeating objects
* Variable headers and footers
* Support of Styled Text
* New API for creating a Virtual Structure for Tables, Fields and Variables
* You can now change the name of each section
* New grid
* Arrange objects horizontally and vertically
* Support of line endmarks of line objects
* New Property Palette
* Better 4D Draw Import
* New events for Drag & Drop and printing control
* Direct Copy & Paste from the Finder/Explorer
One is not enough
hmReports does support multiple detail sections. Now you can create reports with real multiple subdetails. For example, you are able to create a report with three detail sections (also headers and footers): With hmReports you can easily create a customer list with its invoices and for each invoice its position.
With hmReports you can create high quality graphics. With the support of layers and groups, you can edit complex graphics very easily. Of course you can open, edit and save SVG documents as well.
You find more information here:
The download includes sample databases with the hmReports Plugin, hmReports Component and a documentation.
hmReports will run with 4D v13.5 and 4D v14.4 on Macintosh 10.6.8 and above.
hmReports will run Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7/8.
hmReports uses the newest available system API’s. hmReports does support unicode and native picture types like 4D v13.
If you only need hmReports without reporting capabilities, buy hmDraw:
hmDraw for 4th Dimension development (Mac & Win): 99 €
hmDraw for 4D Runtime Volume Licence, unlimited: 179 €
hmDraw for 4D Server, unlimited 4D clients: 179 €
hmDraw OEM unlimited servers (includes runtime and development): 999 € annual price
If you only need hmReports with reporting capabilities:
hmReports for 4th Dimension development (Mac & Win): 199 €
hmReports for 4D Runtime Volume Licence, unlimited: 349 €
hmReports for 4D Server, unlimited 4D clients: 349 €
hmReports OEM unlimited servers (includes runtime and development): 1799 € annual price
Special offer: If you already licensed an other reporting/graphic-plugin (e. g. SuperReport Pro, 4D Draw, Canvas, PagePro) you can get 50 % off for an equivalent hmReports license! OEM licenses from the second year the full price.
All prices exclusive of VAT.
[heubach-media] | Christian Sakowski
Tel: +49/(0)40/52 10 59-23